This is a great role for a manufacturing/finance professional who wishes to combine their professional skills with helping to promote the company, attempting to improve the environment, and understanding the importance of recycling. The company continues to grow its core business and has developed additional business ideas that have the potential to enhance the companies revenue growth and profitability.
Our client is an industry leader in materials management that is taking a progressive, tech-savvy, visionary approach to protecting the planet. They are revolutionizing consumer recycling for all stakeholders, with a focus on compelling consumer experiences.
The Operations Controller will be a valuable member of the management team reporting to the Company’s CEO. The role will focus on Operations and will also support the Tech & Services Business Unit. A successful candidate will have experience in manufacturing and extensive general accounting experience. This is a data driven business and requires a hands-on, engaged level of involvement.
- Manage the company’s Financial Accounts, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets and General Ledger
- Responsible for Month End Close Process including accurate and timely Financial Reporting
- Monitor and forecast Cash Flow
- Develop Annual Budget and Half Year Forecast Update
- Act as Finance Partner to the Redemption Operation General Manager as well as Plant leadership in all locations
- Supervise Accounting Team
- Oversee accounting processes and systems to improve controls, safeguard, and drive efficiency. Optimize existing financial systems and/or adopt new financial systems as appropriate. Ensure all accounting processes and policies are well-documented
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration is required; a CPA/CMA and/or MBA is a plus
- 5 plus years of relevant experience; a strong base of accounting experience and prior manufacturing experience.
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, data connections, financial models); experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Demonstrated skills improving processes and leveraging software tools a strong preference.