Position Title Assistant Controller #5871
Location Paso Robles, CA
Leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services seeking an experienced Assistant Controller to provide oversight for financial accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for month-end close, assist in budget management, financial analysis, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a high-growth, engaged workplace, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Actively prepare and maintain financial and business transactions, applying accounting principles that provide analytical, evaluative, and advisory reports that require an understanding of both accounting theory and practice. Be a main contributor to the Month-end closing process while working under the direct supervision of the Controller and CFO.
- Support the Supervision of the Accounting team
- Responsible for timely and accurate month-end close
- Supports the Finance Department
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Provides reports, regular and ad hoc
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Supports implementation of new technology
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Analyzes and interprets status of accounts and communicates results
- Provide leadership and support to the accounting and finance teams
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- 7+ years of relevant accounting / management experience (preferred)
- Prefer experience in a high-volume, multi-entity environment is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Industrial Engineering, Finance/Economics or any other relevant field (preferred)
- Technology Skills: Advanced Excel skills with the ability to utilize v-lookups, conditional statements, data analysis (filtering, sorting, analyzing data), data visualization (tables, charts, dual-axis charts), What if analysis, pivot tables, etc. Ability to use Outlook and Word. Working knowledge of NetSuite is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP) as they apply to financial reporting
- Knowledge of the Financial Accounting Standards Board rules and regulations as they apply to financial reporting and procedures.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures as needed to direct payroll activities
- Knowledge of SOX requirements as needed to ensure compliance.
- Ability to plan, monitor, and review the work of accounting and clerical employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and accounting records as needed to make reporting decisions.
- Ability to prepare accurate and complete financial reports.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly relay information in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to navigate successfully through the company financial systems and data
- Strong problem-solving, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Must have the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related.
2. 7+ years of accounting / management experience.
3. Experience in a high-volume, multi-entity environment.
4. ERP experience with NetSuite or similar system.
5. Willing to relocate to the San Luis Obispo / Paso Robles area by Q3.
6. Base salary expectations.