Position Title Senior Accountant #5872
Location Paso Robles, CA
Leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our extraordinary team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a high-growth, engaged workplace.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide explanations of your processed transactions
- Maintain accrual reports and amortization schedules
- Process vendor payments and employee reimbursements
- Assist in the month-end period close
- Assist in annual financial audits by relaying information requested by the auditors
- Interface and assist accounting team in resolving problems, GL coding questions, and process improvement
- Maintain current inventory pricing to ensure quarterly inventory counts are accurate
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance (or the equivalent of experience/education) - Preferred
- Working knowledge of Accounting / ERPs software programs (SAP, Netsuite, etc)
- Basic knowledge or understanding of Salesforce (highly preferred)
- Highly skilled with the use of Excel Pivot Tables, Vlookups
- Proven understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Must have the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to interact and work with others
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related.
2. 5+ years of general accounting experience.
3. Experience with Excel Pivot Tables and Vlookups.
4. ERP experience with NetSuite or similar system.
5. Willing to relocate to the San Luis Obispo, CA / Paso Robles area by Q3.
6. Base salary expectations.