The Director of Machining Operations will be responsible for the production, quality and delivery of parts and report directly to the COO. This position will drive continuous improvement objectives focusing on throughput as well as foster a culture of communication and cooperation. The Director of Machining Operations will work with and be responsible for supervisors and employees in the Production, Programming, and Deburring departments.
- Coordinate the daily activities of all production employees.
- Create processes and procedures to maximize throughput.
- Lead the initiative to create and maintain a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Predict and avoid barriers to maintaining an efficient production schedule.
- Support a workforce to be engaged in problem solving.
- Evaluate and coach employee’s performance.
- Understand and ensure all company policies, rules and procedures are followed.
- Understanding of and compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate with Production Control regarding work order timing and changes.
- Work closely with Leads to schedule work assignments, job rotation and cross training.
- Coordinate with the maintenance team to ensure all equipment is kept in operating order.
- Monitor current works in progress and coordinate machine and employee schedules to ensure all work orders are completed on time.
- Ensure new and existing employees are receiving proper training and mentoring to stay safe and enhance their capabilities.
- Oversee employee’s performance including conducting timely performance appraisals and make wage increase recommendations to the COO.
- Determine appropriate staffing levels and promote employee development.
- Responsible for the attendance, vacation scheduling and overtime approvals of Production employees.
- Responsible for creating a safety culture including supporting and enforcing safety rules as well as promoting safety best practices and behaviors.
- Coordinate with other departments to maximize productivity.
- Attend production meetings.
Skills and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.