Supervises and manages Controls Engineers; provides direction and guidance on control system architecture and documentation; provides direction and guidance on system software architecture; assists with technical sales consultation; assists with electrical cost estimate preparation; assists mechanical engineering department as needed; assists with field service support and P&W issues. Provides department management. Assists Vice President Engineering in formulating and administrating departmental policies and direction.
- Design and Software development – Lead the electrical hardware and software designs for our automation systems, providing simplistic designs to reduce labor and travel while adding value for our customers.
- Gather and provide data to assist in the quotation process to support the applications and sales departments.
- Participate in sales visitations and presentations (team sell)
- Assist in electrical design concepts, and corresponding costing/pricing estimates relating to R&D projects.
- Project coordination, externally with customers, inside Shuttleworth, interdepartmentally, and with other company divisions.
- Assisting manufacturing personnel in developing high quality equipment and systems.
- Providing installation, testing and field engineering support and assistance.
- Standards Development – develop and maintain electrical hardware, software and safety design standards that can be utilized across the department.
- Investigate and evaluate electrical and software components by interfacing with vendors.
- Manages controls engineers; scheduling, quality, management and design assistance.
- Communicates with the team to create and implement cost cutting measures.
- Maintain department schedules, budgets, handle personnel issues.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; annual performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Science EE or BSEET degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years’ experience with an OEM company
- Master at programming PLCs (Rockwell)
- Master at HMI development (Rockwell and Schneider)
- Strong background in Safety design and integration
- Strong background in Networking design and integration
- Ability to integrate VFD and Servo motion
- Expert AutoCAD / Electrical AutoCAD
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to interface with vendors on issues and new products.
- Ability to work in a team environment, capable of working with all departments in an open format.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to engage and participate in R&D conceptual design meeting.
- Strong computer software skills. (Microsoft products)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel whenever needed.