This position provides shift leadership to warehouse and shipping operations within the plant located. Technical and supervisory guidance is provided to hourly employees. The supervisor is responsible for the coordination of production and shipping to ensure loads are shipped correctly and timely. The supervisor is further responsible for safety, maintenance/repair of assigned equipment, quality, discipline, attendance, enforcement of plant rules, and other related areas in the efficient operation of the facility and department.
- Provide ongoing shift leadership to plant warehousing/shipping employees to ensure quality and delivery performance for the plant.
- Interact with other supervisors, operators, engineers, management, maintenance, and customers.
- Knowledge of production scheduling, safety, housekeeping, and warehousing requirements.
- Supervise the movement of finished goods through the warehouse from receiving through shipping and returns.
- Continuously measure/monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and implement corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and focus on maintaining and improving operating efficiencies to include employee productivity.
- Determine orders required to ship and generate shipping documents (pack list, bills of lading, commercial invoice, etc.).
- Complete performance evaluations and perform continuous performance feedback to include disciplinary actions when needed.
- Coordinate shipments and maintain/foster a cohesive working relationship with carriers.
- Ensure data integrity within company enterprise systems such as TMC and SAP.
- Manage manpower and resource limitations, maintain positive morale in the department, be fair and consistent with employees, and set challenging yet reasonable standards and expectations.