SUMMARY:To manage the tool room and team members by providing structure and organization for tooling maintenance and repair in support of production operations per customer requirements and specifications.
RESPONSIBILITY: Responsibility for quality and conformance of product to customer specifications per control plans utilizing documented systems; authority to stop non-conforming processes and report same to supervisor, Quality Assurance and/or Engineering department representative
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1) Plan, evaluate, and organize the tool room and team members’ activities
2) Schedule and assist tool room staff to ensure that production tooling and related equipment is ready
to meet customer requirements.
3) Expand tooling supply base to achieve adequate supply at reasonable pricing.
4) Prepare sample submissions and quotes for engineering change requests.
5) Generate and maintain Tooling Variable Spending budget.
6) Implement and oversee the Diejennifj Preventive Maintenance System.
7) Ensure that production operations are fully supported by tool room associates
8) Assure completion of engineering changes per customer specifications
9) Work to continuously improve tooling, minimize downtime, and reduce scrap
10) Support Mistake Proofing activities to insure progress in die sensoring.
11) Participate in APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process with engineering
12) Assist in evaluation and selection of tooling vendors and tooling process for new programs
13) Assist Operations Managers in setting annual capital spending requirements for Tooling Dept.
14) Promote and assure safe operation and maintenance of tool room equipment
15) Promote good housekeeping and “5S” activities
16) Develop and maintain procedures and work instructions for toolroom
17) Provide a safe and healthful work environment that is free of recognized hazards for all employees, contractors and visitors.
18) Develop Vendor relations for effective and economical spares inventory control.
19) Advise employees, contractors and visitors of any actual or potential danger to their safety or health, and ensure the necessary training and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
All Tool & Die Makers, Machinists, Apprentices, and Tool Room Supervisors report directly to this position.