Responsible for all procurement activities including the following: development & implementation of purchasing strategies; analysis/negotiations of material quotations and selection of qualified suppliers; cost reduction and other development/training programs; management of the supplier base; market studies and trends analysis; managing all production and MRO procurement activities to ensure that good purchasing practices are maintained.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze quotations using comprehensive purchasing principles/concepts/practices in the field of specialization for cost/price and value analyses to select, recommend or develop alternative suppliers.
- Ensure and assist supplier training for relevant processes, procedures and/or methodologies.
- Provide guidance and direction to Plant Purchasing/Buyer Facilitators and Coordinators to achieve company procurement objectives
- Assist commodity team training, developing work plans and organizing data to support analysis and bidding process.
- Develop and maintain necessary records of purchase, price, supplier/vendor, specifications and catalog files.
- Conduct market and material studies; research and evaluate benefits of contract or open-market purchases, and/or benefits of out-sourcing.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing function concepts and supplier commodity processes and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people in a team environment.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of purchasing& current supply chain management techniques, policies and procedures.
- Ability to negotiate multi-plant supply agreements and coordinate multi-plant programs.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information.
- Thorough knowledge of quality practices, systems and procedures.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, and other purchasing systems)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years purchasing experience.
- CPM Preferred.