Supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers. Position may include Weld/Fabricator Supervisor, Assembly, Test or other manufacturing processes.
- Must ensure that company policies and procedures are being enforced and adhered to at all times.
- Provide continual evaluation of the groupâ€™s processes and methods, to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Provide day to day supervision of employee job execution, to include training, performance evaluation and employee relations.
- Recommend tooling supplies and replacement parts as required.
- Ensure proper housekeeping, and organization of equipment and materials in the fabrication area.
- Work with Engineering, Production Control, and QA on drawing problems, manufacturing order problems, and quality problems.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Tooling Supervisor will provide leadership support to the Machine Shop with primary responsibility for the engineering and design for application of Machine Shop tooling and gauges (including cost attainment, quality and service goals), associate development, and continuous improvement (including QRM and Safety initiatives). Manages available resources and leads associates to perform all departmental tasks in the most cost effective and safest manner while working closely with the programming department, machinists and employees from various other plant departments.