The Quality Engineer will work to maintain and improve the quality level of material received from outside vendors and of finished goods produced internally. They will be responsible for verifying and leading disposition process for non-conforming material, issuing corrective actions and working with suppliers to resolve Quality issues, issuing internal corrective actions and working with internal departments to create corrective and preventative actions, and reviewing First Article Samples and providing disposition to suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Document material non-conformances and lead material resolution/disposition process.
- Prepare Corrective Action Request (CAR) reports and process returns to vendors
- Process 1st article samples (FAS); perform inspection, audit reports, identify features non-conforming to design data, and final FAS disposition.
- Analyze in-process issues; document, communicate, identify root cause, and drive issue resolution.
- Final inspection of finished goods; conducts visual and functional tests; identifies issues and communicates through proper channels to resolve.
- Maintains measurement equipment by following; operating instructions, cleaning, calibrating and calling for repairs.
- Assist with receiving inspection; perform visual, dimension, and functional audits of material.
- Process material returned from the field (RMAs); able to confirm the reason for return, perform root cause analysis on failures, able to effectively communicate inspection results.
- Audits in-process products; confirm correct assembly, conduct visual and functional tests.
- Comply with all company policies, rules, guidelines and behavior expectations
- Perform other duties as requested by the company
- Demonstrated ability in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must take a logical and methodical approach to work and must be accurate when taking measurements and recording figures.
- Must possess the ability to use measurement equipment, to include but not limited to: calipers, pin gauges, and go/no-go gauges.
- Must be detail oriented and possess documentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Must be tactful and use discretion to point out problems to co-workers
- Ability to learn new processes, procedures, and tasks will be required for success in the job.
- Demonstrated ability in and willingness to take on administrative duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff from hourly workers to company executives.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- 1 year Quality Control experience
- Experience working in an ISO 9000 environment