Perform all duties necessary, under the general direction of the Plant Manager to provide leadership with project management for new product development.
- Lead and coach technical staff to develop & maintain detailed project schedules using internal processes to include all project phases and dependencies including preliminary engineering, detailed design, material procurement, installation, pilot, and site acceptance.
- Coordinate the interfaces of all disciplines within Design Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Work with purchasing area to integrate key supplier schedules into project plan.
- Provide leadership for project teams to identify potential bottlenecks & resource constraints.
- Manage conflicts & demonstrate escalation when appropriate.
- Conduct project post mortems, identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and work with Engineering Management to improve product development process.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Project Work as assigned by Plant Manager