Canadian-headquartered Tier 1 & 2 automotive supplier seeks a ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES Plant Controller to work very closely with Plant Manager. Small plant (60 people) supervising 2 Sr. Accountant. Great company to work for...highly profitable!!!
Job Title: Plant Controller
Location: Moonachie, NJ
Salary: $95k-110k base, plus 10% bonus and strong benefits and retirement package.
Reporting to the Plant Manager this Plant Controller will have 2 direct reports (2 Sr. Accountants) in this 60 person Tier 1 & 2 automotive manufacturing plant .
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the close process to include coordination with Corporate, developing the close calendar, and analysis and variance reporting.
- Oversee the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements and ensure they are distributed in a timely manner.
- Provide and interpret data from accounting records as required by management.
- Coordinate accounting services and integrate with operating needs.
- Cost Accounting experience(preferred); bill of materials, inventory, variance analysis
- Oversee the management of functions such as general ledger and general accounting services (i.e., payroll and accounts payable).
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes, ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines.
- Ability to interface effectively with Plant Manager and all plant personnel
- Supervise and mentor to Senior Accountants
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a controller or Accounting Manager in a manufacturing plant,
Four year degree in Accounting, Fiance, or Economics
Cost Accounting expernce preferred
Solid expernce working closely with Plant Manager or VP of Operations