OUR CLIENT, a leading Tier-1 supplier of components for the automotive industry, has a full-time Quality Manager position open at their facility located west of Saginaw, MI. This position reports to the General Manager.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Provides planning, leadership and consultative support for the implementation and maintenance of customer quality system requirements and continuous improvement methodologies
- Develops and implements programs to establish and maintain quality standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus employees on quality improvement.
- Develops policies, procedures and methods to evaluate and improve the quality of products, materials, components and/or operations
- Supervises the day to day activities of personnel in the Quality Department
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed
- Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Responsible for upholding CCC Compliance:
- Ensuring that requirements for the Implementation Rules for Compulsory Certification of Products are effectively established, implemented and maintained in plant
- Ensuring product consistency and conformity between product and standard
- Correctly use CCC certificate and mark, and ensure continuous validity of certificate status of products affixed with CCC mark.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years automotive Tier 1 quality management experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business management or related field preferred
- IATF and ISO 9001:2015 experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with all levels across the organization
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated ability to analyze, explain, and draw logical conclusions from complex operational, financial, regulatory and/or business data
- Continuous Improvement / Kaizen / Lean facilitator
- MS Office tools fluency