Location: Pesacola Florida Fun in the Sun year around, NO state income tax
The Production Engineer provides chemical engineering expertise to deliver optimum performance of the process units in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality. Reporting to the site Production Engineering Manager the Production Engineer works closely with professionals in Technology, Project Engineering, and Manufacturing. Production Engineers are assigned to support specific production units.
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with Site Leadership and the Manufacturing organization.
- Utilize Six Sigma and Operational Excellence principles to drive process to best demonstrated, Entitlement, performance in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality.
- Support testing and implementing of new Technologies.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Control Engineers, and Operations to optimize the economic performance of the assigned process unit(s) by improving yields or reducing energy and other usages.
- Works with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability professionals to improve the reliability of the process unit(s) and to maximize OEE.
- Actively supports the site & area safety programs via participation (or leadership) in PHAs, LOPAs, MOC, incident investigations, resolution of action items, and other activities to ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance.
- Serves as the unit production expert and provides technical counsel and troubleshooting assistance to Manufacturing Engineers and Operations as needed to deliver planned performance.
- Works with the Manufacturing Engineers and Operations to maintain all process documentation up-to-date.
- Serves as Manufacturing Representative on capital project teams.
- Provides process design information for small capital and/or expense projects.
- Generates innovative ideas for process improvements and works with Technology, Process Engineering, and Project Engineering to screen such ideas.
- Conducts trials and experiments to validate the scale-up of new processes and products, as well as to optimize processing conditions within operations.
- BS in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum 8+ years post graduate manufacturing experience required. Chemical or polymer manufacturing strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma to drive process improvements preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can thrive in a team-based environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines