This Manufacturing company is looking for an HR Generalist. The role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. The HR Generalist processes the bi-weekly payroll for the company as well as engaging in recruiting, benefits, and employee training coordination functions.
Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, and department managers.
- Performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records and reports.
- Processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis as well as making any necessary employee changes to the company HRIS system.
- Assists in recruiting functions by sourcing and pre-screening candidates through internal recruitment platforms and attending job fairs.
- Responsible for benefits administration, including reconciling bi-weekly payroll with monthly benefit carrier invoices.
- Responsible for communicating with department supervisors and managers for training coordination; utilizing reports from the company ERP system to help identify re-certification needs as well as department training matrices.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Assists the HR Director with new-employee orientations as needed.
- Assists the HR Director with projects, employee engagement activities, and community outreach events.
- Participates in monthly employee council meetings, as needed.
Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED; preference in advanced course work in human resources.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or PHR certifications highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with management, employees, and outside services.
- General proficiency of Microsoft Office software with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization