This position supports Plant Manufacturing and Technical Operations while maintaining a strong focus on continual Process Improvement and Optimization. Applies fundamental knowledge of basic principles, theories and concepts of industry standards and practices to design, automate, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, designs, and communicates manufacturing processes.
- Monitors and revises processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of product/process.
- Participates in design reviews to improve the ability to manufacture products.
- Responsible for the activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and performing process characterization and optimization studies using designed experiments, problem-solving and decision making tools.
- Identifies and solves issues or problems with equipment/process. Troubleshoots possible causes and coordinates the activities of maintenance, production and other available resources to implement cost effective solutions.
- Provides coordination of new process installation and process changes.
- Investigates, responds and implements corrective action related to customer complaint feedback.
- Performs special testing of products
- Reviews and releases COA’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemical engineering, or related degree from accredited four-year college or technical school.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of associates.
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.