The opportunity to serve as the engineering leader and technical expert for a global water treatment manufacturing leader at their main factory in Florida.
Are you an Engineering Manager with a passion for innovation and new product development? Do you enjoy practicing and executing Value Add Value Engineered projects and processes? If so, we want to hear from you. We are seeking an Engineering Manager for a manufacturing/distribution company in Fort Meyers, Florida that will scale the development team and challenge top-notch engineers to perform at a high level. Apply to here to learn more!
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert as well as hire, train and supervise top-notch customer driven engineers.
- Create an environment of innovation and design excellence while assuring maximum product safety, manufacturability, and cost effectiveness.
- Lead the Engineering team to continuously improve product development and delivery process, leading to measurable improvements, responsiveness, and quality.
- Actively participates in the evaluation of opportunities in the areas of strategic fit, competitive advantage, technical feasibility, economics, market attractiveness and synergies.
- Develops project plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and economic analyses and appropriately applies applicable evaluation criteria to each assigned potential project prior to submittal into the process.
- Refines concepts and product designs based upon direct or indirect customer or end-user feedback and testing. Work closely with marketing personnel on gathering voice of the customer (VOC) and market research data.
- Serves on cross-functional teams and provides input, direction and/or leadership in all qualified areas.
- Responsible for engineering tasks during the detailed assessment, development, and verification, testing and validation, and commercialization phases of Stage-Gate.
- Supports annual objectives by ensuring that all major metrics are within an acceptable or agreed-upon range.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial), MBA preferred
- 10 years’ experience in product engineering of industrial products.
- Experience in successfully designing and launching new products.
- Experienced with designing smart (connected) digital technology in a manufacturing environment.
- Successful manager supporting and motivating a high potential team (who is led and grown a team).
- Proven track record of creating and launching new product development from cradle to grave (who can explain and provide examples of projects and products).
- Stage-Gate experience is highly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on detail.