Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Need a hard charging personality. Someone who is willing and eager to move up the ladder. Bonus is also included. Full relocation
The Manufacturing Manager directs all aspects of the business functions for the Pulp and Power Manufacturing areas at the fully integrated mill with company. This role exercises oversight, and is accountable for the safe and efficient operations of the woodyard, pulp & fiber processes, and power operations. The Manufacturing Manager reports directly to the Resident Mill Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Lead the Pulp and Power Manufacturing teams to achieve safety, environmental, financial and operational performance goals.
- Coordinate with the Leadership staff teams to ensure Pulp and Power Manufacturing objectives are in alignment with Mill and Area objectives.
- Assist in the development of capital projects, and coordinate capital project execution by collaborating with all stakeholders including vendors/contractors to ensure appropriate communication between all groups
- Drive safety to Zero injuries and support mill transition to a safety focused culture
- Take initiative to pro-actively deal with issues both within the department and cross-functionally, ensuring communication flows to and from department
- Develop and manage Leadership Team Members through mentorship, coaching and accountability methods.
- Utilize and improve standard work systems to ensure a strong foundation for continuous improvement and work performance accountability.
- Assist in establishing and direction of production operations in a safe and orderly manner providing quality products according to job schedules and customer specifications
- Develop long-term strategies aimed at equipment, process, and quality improvements
- Establish and provide the operational expertise component of leading and managing our cultural change process, the strategic and forward-thinking capabilities in both the operational and human capital areas of the operation
- Assist in the creation/management of the functional area KPI’s and drive operational excellence
- Create value for the company and customer through development of problem-solving techniques
- Support customer complaints and trouble shoot quality issues
- Assist production areas with trials and change tracking
- Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills and demonstrates professional presence
- Demonstrates proficiency with financial acumen resulting in improved productivity and quality
- Other duties as assigned
- 25% travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Paper Science, or related field.
- 8 years manufacturing experience. Experience working in an integrated mill (preferred).
- 4 years of supervisory experience in the pulp and paper industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills combined with technical knowledge and operations experience in pulp and paper manufacturing processes, including digester operations, pulp screening, pulp washing, and bleaching processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic priorities to meet short and long-term objectives
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Effective strategic planning, problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Provide strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Demonstrated ability to drive change leading to improved performance over time
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability develop and implement changes necessitated by internal and external business conditions
- SAP Business Software Knowledge
- Exhibit proven ability to self-manage in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Lean Implementation experience and knowledge of six sigma principles required.