We seek a hands-on, experienced Plant Finance Manager to join the leadership team in this manufacturing operation.
If you are looking for a dynamic and challenging work environment, with the opportunity to expand your influence across the organization, grow personally and professionally with long-term goals, this position has much to offer.
This position requires a financial leader, who will partner with Operations Management to provide decision support, drive cost and process improvements, as well as taking a leadership role in challenging the plant to improve financial performance in support of the vision for manufacturing excellence.
The Plant Finance Manager will be a key player in the plant management team, providing key analysis and insights to guide decision-making and challenge the plant to improve financial performance. Also, ensure the financial accounting and reporting needs are met. Two direct reports.
Compensation: Base 95K - 104k+ 10% bonus + 9% 401K match + excellent relocation
Location: near Salem, IL which is 60 min from St. Louis, MO
Direct Business Partnering:
- Develop and leverage relationships with Operations and corporate functions to achieve manufacturing and related finance KPI’s and goals.
- Develop and implement business plans aligned with enterprise strategy.
- Provide leadership with a physical presence on the production floor, driving continuous improvement.
- Provide financial advice, along with accurate and timely operational performance reporting, to the plant management team to ensure sound financial and operational decisions
- Be a trusted adviser and expert to the Plant Manager and others.
- Articulate actionable data-driven insights by leveraging BI tools and storytelling techniques.
- Formulate innovative ideas and map steps that will clearly accelerate the organization toward its goals.
- Assist plant management team with capital planning, including calculating and evaluating financial payback on all capital expenditure proposals
- Understand all cost drivers in order to provide accurate and challenging budgets and forecasts.
- Prioritize activities and align with stakeholders to deliver results with a high degree of predictability.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify improvement opportunities, minimize risk, and protect the continuity of supply.
- Develop necessary ERP system proficiency for both finance and other plant functions (SAP experience preferred).
- Key focus areas include materials cost and usage management, labor cost and utilization, asset utilization, and overhead expenditure control.
- Coordinate activities with corporate accounting to ensure accurate financial results and other financial closing activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA or CMA, a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience finance/accounting experience
- 3 + years in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of Leadership experience.
- Experience with Excel.
- ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Experience with Financial Modeling.
- Continuous improvement experience and/or cost reduction recommendations.