Job Summary: Manufacturing - Cost Accountant
- Assists in establishing standard costs annually as well as quarterly costs movement review.
- Assists in annual physical inventory process and related reconciliation.
- Completes all monthly reports on a timely basis with zero defects.
- Reviews transaction errors to insure proper impact on perpetual and G/L records.
- Reviews variances to determine cause.
- Backs up accountant for sales entries, invoicing, and all general accounting functions.
- Seeks continuous process improvements.
- Supports new product development.
- Analyzes sales and cost of sales, standard cost valuations, production variance, and other costs analysis.
- Works with manufacturing, marketing, and finance personnel to ensure accurate costing of contract manufactured products.
- Prepares and analyzes cost reports.
- Performs the monthly accounting close process, balance sheet reconciliations and journal entry postings
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally accepted accounting principles)
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Access, Power-Point) required.
- Sound business knowledge applicable to a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 0 - 4 years experience in general accounting and cost accounting in a manufacturing environment