Fortune 500 Company.Lots of upward mobility for proven experience. Highest salary on the pay scale.Working directly with the hiring manager.
- The process control department is seeking a highly-motivated candidate for the position of Process Control Engineer. The position offers a challenging environment with opportunities for growth in technical experience and personal development. The site is a tightly integrated chemical manufacturing facility with fixed batch and continuous control systems.
Good communication, strong analytical and technical skills, an interest for problem solving and trouble-shooting, and knowledge of handling database software, and other computer systems are essential. Experience with managing and programming PLCs and DCS such as Fisher ProVOX and/or DeltaV systems is also a critical need for the position.
- Measurable improvements in unit performance aligned to business financial objectives including raw material usage, energy usage, reliability, capacity, and quality.
- Technical support, guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, from front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, startup, commissioning, and maintenance.
- Support of site Process Hazard Analysis and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Active development and support if Safety Instrumented Systems and ISA 61511
- Support well-defined Process Automation productivity improvement plans for the site.
- Application of cutting edge controls technology to improve manufacturing processes to provide competitive advantage.
- Providing technical guidance, developing and maintaining engineering standards for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and process control automation systems for the company.
- System Life Planning which includes the development and implementation of a migration plan from legacy DCS platforms to current technologies
- Design, develop, implement and maintain process automation productivity improvement for chemical processes.
- Propose enhancements to existing control strategies.
- Use a broad range of automation tools such as advanced regulatory control, model predictive control, abnormal situation management, adaptive tuning, optimal control, robust control, adaptive control, or soft sensors to optimize existing processes.
- Work closely with manufacturing units to define appropriate controls applications.
- Develop knowledge of existing processes to identify process control improvement opportunities.
- Work with multi-disciplined teams to design, develop and implement solutions for manufacturing processes.
- Lead automation projects
- Develop key performance indicators, track key process parameters and overall process performance.
- Leverage Six Sigma techniques to improve process performance and efficiency.
- Train and facilitate the transfer of new process control technologies into manufacturing units
- Document process control findings in technical reports.
- Reports to: I&E and Process Control Reliability Manager
- Team Members: Process Control Group
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years of experience in chemical, refinery, or energy manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of Process Control systems in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Process Hazard Analysis with ability to apply Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) to high hazard scenarios
- Working knowledge of the requirements of ISA 61511 and Safety Instrumented Systems
- Experience with DCS programming and process information management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in industrial chemical manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience DeltaV and Provox/Envox a plus.
- 3 years’ experience as a process controls engineer
- DCS programming skills as applied to batch or continuous production process control, data communication, data collection and display systems
- Understanding of the reliability, documentation and Management of Change requirements imposed by process control systems
- Positive attitude and open mind approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to apply Continuous Improvement Tools
- Strong initiative to identify and address areas for improvement
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and effectively manage multiple complex projects
- Root Cause Failure Analysis training and practical application experience
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Degree may be considered depending on level of understanding and proficiency with Process Control